Re: [Land-speed] IN Car Communications

To: drmayf@mayfco.com
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] IN Car Communications
From: Jon Wennerberg <jonwennerberg@nancyandjon.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 15:03:50 -0500
Mayf, I'm a ham radio operator - and so are a good number of the rest of the
racers.  I've had lots of experience with in-car (and even in/on-bike) two way
radios.  Rest at ease and look around at the suggestions that others make on
which style -- AM (CB), FM, etc -- but make sure you ask a radio person about
the antenna.  The aerial can make or break a radio system.  They come in all
sizes and shapes, with some working far better than others.  Putting up the
base station (at your pit or in your support vehicle) is the easy part.
Getting things working in the car is quite a challenge -- but it's done
frequently and well.  Be in touch, hey?

Jon a/k/a SSS

Land-speed@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html