Re: [Land-speed] IN Car Communications

To: Dave Dahlgren <dahlgren536@comcast.net>, Rick Byrnes
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] IN Car Communications
From: "Meierle, Michael D (Mike)" <mike.meierle@alcatel-lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 07:57:39 -0600
The  communications system has to be designed for speed. A little thing called
Doppler affects microwave communication as well as sound.

Cop Radios (800Mhz) and such are designed for this, but not for 200MPH.

Even Motorola doesn't expect you to go that fast.

NASCAR and F1 do it but their pockets are a bit deeper.

MIKE MEIERLE
SR. SYSTEMS ENGINEER
ALCATEL-LUCENT
7751 Windsor Drive