Re: [Land-speed] IN Car Communications

To: <drmayf@mayfco.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] IN Car Communications
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <dahlgren536@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 13:22:20 -0500
Unsealed electronics never designed to run in the environment installed
sloppy along with lousy amateur wiring practices take care of 99.99999 I
have had zero wiring failures from 1991 to 2007 on wiring I did unless the
end user 'worked on it' and have not been there since. You need to think in
aircraft quality work due to the chemically corrosive environment. Above all
no exposed bare copper or steel and die electric grease is your best start
then move on to fully sealed connectors and heat shrink boots that are
sealed with glue after that think a covering like Raychem DR-25 then all
electronics sealed with either o-rings or fully potted with proper
materials. There is zero science involved other than an installer just not
following proper harnessing practices.
Dave