Chrome Repair Question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Chrome Repair Question
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 23:14:46 EDT
The false nose piece on my TD radiator shell has a torn dented spot. I bought
the reproduction part, but it is a poor fit. Is there a way to repair the
original? The nose is made of brass, BTW. I'm thinking that some hammering and
soldering/leading could make the old nose whole again, but I don't know if the
solder/lead can be chromed. Thank god for the reproduction parts (especially
when the original's missing), but they're not always perfect.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336