RE: TD TUB

To: "'Dave Gockley'" <DGockley@gw.burnhamheating.com>, Mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TD TUB
From: "Hermance, Jonathan" <Jonathan_Hermance@ATK.COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 08:45:22 -0600
Dave,

I am reconditioning a very undisturbed 1953 TD.  On my car, there appear to
be cork pads about two inches square and 3/16" thick between the tub and the
frame at each bolt around the base of the tub.  There are felt strips
between the floorboards and the angle irons along the transmission.  There
are 3/4" wide by about 3"long by 1/16" thick cork strips between the angle
irons and the brackets up from the tubular cross brace frame member under
the driveshaft.  There are thick (1/4"+)canvas-like textured rubber pads
between the floorboards and the pedal box and around the base of the tubular
under-scuttle brace on each side of the car below and a bit forward of the
door latches.  The rubber pads are shown in the MOSS catalog.  The cork
looks like "standard" cork sheet gasket material like one used to be able to
buy at auto parts stores back when we had real auto parts stores.

Jon Hermance  53 TD, 54 TF