RE: TD TUB

To: "'Mark McCombs'" <loadcel4@infinet.com>, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TD TUB
From: Mark Jablonski <m.jablonski@mei.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 13:18:56 +1000
I didn't have any insulation between the angle iron and wooden side rails on
my TC.

However, there was insulation between the angle irons and the brackets on
the chassis - what looked like leather or very compressed felt.  There was
also felt (~1/8" - 3/16" th.) between the angle irons and the rear inner
guards and between the blocks of wood underneath the windscreen pillars and
the scuttle steel.  I intend replacing the felt (at least next to the inner
guards, to keep the dimensions of everthing the same) but soaking it in fish
oil to keep moisture out.  The original felt seemed to promote corrosion.
I'm undecided about the felt underneath the windscreen pillars - Sherrell
advises to leave this out.

Mark Jablonski
TC6022