Re: SU Carb problem

To: JagMkV@aol.com
Subject: Re: SU Carb problem
From: Dave & Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:50:34 -0800
Craig,

Possibly you have a leak where the valve assembly screws into the lid.
I am not sure that blowing into the needle while lifting the arm is a
good check of the seal.  The fuel pump is supplying somewhere around 1.5
to 3 lbs of pressure and I doubt that you are able to produce that
amoumt of pressure by blowing into it.  Also lifting the arm may be
applying more pressure against the needle that is exerted by the float.
(note:  I don't know for sure if the last two items are absolutely true,
but I do know that I am not able to get a gauge to show 2 lps of
pressure by blowing into the tube and My fingers are not calibrated
enough to know how much pressure I am placing against a lever).  If it
is possible, place the lid from one of the other float chambers
(temporarily) on the suspect float chamber and see if the problem goes
away.  If it does, then swap the needle valves between the two lids.
Finally, put some thread sealer on the threads of the needle valve and
see if this helps.

Good luck,
Dave