Re: SU Carb problem

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU Carb problem
From: "Dave & Diana Dwyer" <dmdwyer@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:42:23 +1100
Craig

Does the car have an SU pump or one of the modern 'electronic' pumps - a
cube with a pipe sticking out front and rear?

The modern pumps often deliver fuel at 6+ psi, rather than the 2-3 psi of
the SU. We've seen several cars with this setup, and it seems the float
valve is pushed open by the higher pressure so it goes on 'dripping' all the
time.

My daughter's newly purchased MGB proved to have a fearsome thirst for fuel
until we changed the pump to a lower pressure unit.

Regards

Dave Dwyer
J2, TA, TC
Sydney