Skyhook Engineering/TC tapered half shafts/Phil Marino

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Skyhook Engineering/TC tapered half shafts/Phil Marino
From: William Putnam <1933mgj2@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 14:15:45 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings,

I called Phil Marino today to inquire about having him do some machining work
for tapered half shafts and hubs for my J2.  Phil said that due to health
issues he no longer does half shaft work, but he still does other jobs such as
TC steering box rebuilds.  Phil said that he sold all his tooling and jigs for
the tapered half shafts to Skyhook Engineering in Maine, USA. I tried calling
Skyhook Engineering at 207-729-4489 but the number has been disconnected.

Does anyone know if Skyhook has a new telephone or mailing address?  Are they
still in business?

I bought a set of tapered half shafts from Bob Grunau, they're quite nice, but
I need them shortened to fit my J2.  I also need one hub taper bored and a
keyway broached in the hub and figured if I could have it done locally that
would save some shipping cost.

Sincerely,
Bill Putnam
J 3488