Re: fuel pump

To: jimbb88@erols.com (Jim Stuart)
Subject: Re: fuel pump
From: jimgcusavecom@webtv.net
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 07:52:33 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net (MGV8 list)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Jim, I used a 3" long piece of tubing; attached a 16ga plate to the
tube; attached the pump to the plate; slid it into the regular MG rubber
just like the Lucas and it was STILL NOISY. I tried several locations
and they were all noisy. Went back to the old unreliable Lucas.

I agree with your NAPA remarks; I have a restoration shop and found
everyone in my area had considerable better prices than NAPA, even the
small independents.  They do have a good parts supply  and quality
parts, but prices no.

JimG