Exhaust Temp

To: mgb-v8 list <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Exhaust Temp
From: James Nazarian <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 10:41:25 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hello all,
Does anyone have a reasonable estimation of the temperature the exhaust reaches
on their V8s?  I am particularly interested in temp near collector, and the
temp at any other place in the exhaust pipe.  As many of you know my headers
are going out the fenders and through the rockers and now that they are built I
am investgating how much heat sheilding I will need, and if any special paint
will be needed on the rockers to keep from burning off.

The exhaust would be done too, except I got held up when my thumb had an
intimate meeting with the business end of my hacksaw.
--
James Nazarian
71 MGB roadster

"Given a conflict, Murphy's law supercedes Newton's."
-Anon

"Nothing good has ever been reported about the full rotation
of a race car about either its pitch or roll axis."
-Carroll Smith