Re: Exhaust Temp

To: jamesnazarian@netzero.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Exhaust Temp
From: "J MILLER" <road1978@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 15:18:45 EST
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I am using RV8 headers with POR-14 High Temperature paint, which is
advertised to withstand temperatures up to 1400°F.  I haven't noticed any
signs of overheating on the headers or any other components near the
headers. That includes the inner fenders and engine.  I don't think the
paint is providing any type of heat shield but I am using an engine driven
fan, which is keeping the air moving across the hot surfaces.

Did install a heat shield over the wires going to the starter just to be
safe.  Didn't want to melt the insulation on those wires.  That could start
a good car fire and I am not into that.

On a side note has anyone else posted pictures form this years V8 meet?

www.geocities.com/v8mgb