Re: Exhaust Temp

To: "James Nazarian" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>, "mgb-v8 list" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Exhaust Temp
From: "Stuart Goggin" <sgoggin@au.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 18:23:11 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
The actual exhaust temp depends on the load on the engine.   Also depends on
quality or degree of blockage in muffler.

My previous vehicle had a partically collapsed muffler.  I only discovered
this when I noticed the exctractors were glowing a dull cherry red.

I also managed to get them to glow when I used to tow a 3000kg trailer.

My current vehicle also has extractors,   I have had to resort to a high
temperature wrap for part of the pipework to stop melting starter motors and
wiring.

If I were fitting extractors again I would either have them completely
ceramic coated or else wrap them in this high temp bandage before fitting
them.

Stuart Goggin