Pilot bearing location

To: MGV8 list <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pilot bearing location
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 18:02:54 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I hate to sound stupid, but it has been a while since I have pulled a
transmission.  Does the pilot bearing that the end of the transmission
input shaft goes in to fit in the center of the flywheel or in the end
of the crank shaft?  I've ordered a new pilot bearing but haven't got it
yet.  I'm concerned that the clutch pressure plate, that I am picking up
tomorrow, is too thick for the length of the T5 inpute shaft.  I
installed my hydraulic throwout bearing yesterday and it only leaves the
splined portion of the input shaft to go through the pressure plate
(about 2 3/8 inches).  It is a spring type pressure plate.  Thanks!.

Kevin Brown
Odessa, MO