Re: Pilot bearing location

To: jimbb88@erols.com
Subject: Re: Pilot bearing location
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 19:39:25 -0600
Cc: MGV8 list <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Jim,

Thanks for the info.  I got my pilot bushing from D & D today (among other
things).  I got a new stock Buick type pressure plate (spring type) with a
custom built disc to match up to my T5 transmission from our local clutch
rebuilding shop for $85.  They had the pressure plate on the shelf and it bolts
right up to my stock Buick flywheel.  I bolted everything together tonight and
it seems to fit fine.  I didn't realize how much he clutch pressure plate arms
would draw down when I bolted it to the flywheel.  Now as soon as I get my motor
mounts from TS I will drop it in the MG for a test fit.

Kevin