Re: valve float

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: valve float
From: David Kernberger <dkern@napanet.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 17:49:09 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
8/14/03

James,

        It does sound like valve float to me.  Agreed it sounds like a
fairly low speed for such a thing.  Stock springs, you say----but with what
kind of camshaft and lifters??  Maybe you need a different combination of
parts.  Seems unlikely to me that age alone would make much difference to a
valve spring.  Under what conditions have they been stored?  If not
compressed, I can't imagine any age problems at all.  Let us all know what
you eventually find out.

Regards,
Dave Kernberger