Re: Panard bar.

To: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Panard bar.
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 21:55:08 -0400
Cc: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I'll bite, I have a v-link in my MGB V8, it is a panhard rod and anti-tramp
bars rolled into one.  I love it, compared to my stock B and other RWD cars
I have owned the rear end is far more planted then any of them.  Turn in is
notably crisper and any wheel spin is smooth and controlled, no windup
whatsoever.  The last part, of course, would not be affected by a panhard
rod.  When I autocrossed my stock B the 185/70R14s would rub the inner wheel
wells just enough to polish the dirt and some paint off of the metal, with
the bars installed there is no such rubbing on my V8.

I would consider a panhard rod a minimum for a car driven sportingly, if you
have upped the power I would add anti tramp bars or a v-link.  To my
knowledge there are plenty of panhard rods available, most as universal cut
and weld kits, there are also plenty of anti-tramp kits available, but the
only v-link kits I know of are sold by chassis engineering and their dealers
(jegs, summit) they are chro-moly tubing and require fitting, welding and
stress relieving before they can be used, other wise you will need to
fabricate what you need.

James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer
71 MGBGT V8