Re: rear end swap

To: <brucemills@dccnet.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rear end swap
From: "JJJ" <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:43:52 -0400 (Eastern Standard Time)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
 If by "enhance" you mean "lock up your rear wheels before your front wheels
and spin out under hard breaking", then yes it will most certainly "enhance"
your roadster braking experience.  As someone on this list once said:  Keep
the car pointed forward and look where you are going, as where you have
already been is only of historical significance.  Seriously, unless you have
added alot of weight to the rear-end of a roadster (comparable to the added
weight of the GT's roof), you don't want to mess with the established
front/rear braking ratio (unless you have altered the front brakes).  You
could add a bias knob, but then you would just have to back off the rear
braking force until you were nearly at the original roadster setting, so no
net gain.  Your front wheels should always lock up before the rear ones.
James J.