Re: Shortening Replacement Valves for the 300 heads.

To: m1garand@speakeasy.net
Subject: Re: Shortening Replacement Valves for the 300 heads.
From: Greg Myer <motorhead45@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 21:13:09 +0000
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
James,
             Hardening of the tips is a good idea. Some Ford  valves use
a hardened
tip that is welded on .  They are 11/32 stem diameters too.  I'd check at
machine shop.
           All the information on the thermal barriers that I've seen has
been positive. I think that for an aluminum engine it's even better
than for cast iron. Treated combustion chambers and valves, even
exhaust ports are going to help internal efficiency. Is your source local
or is there a link you could share with us ? I'm interested !
                            Happy Motoring,          Greg