Re: Front U-Joint/Tunnel/Parking Brake interference

To: <trichels@sbcglobal.net>, <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Front U-Joint/Tunnel/Parking Brake interference
From: "Carl Floyd" <cmfloyd@chartertn.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 09:29:06 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Doug,

I had minor parking brake stud interference on my car. I would hear a "ping"
every time I hit a bump. Once I figured out what it was, I replaced the nut
with a slim jam nut. Then, I cut the stud off flush with the jam nut. I
gained 1/4-3/8" I think. It was enough. I haven't heard the niose since.
I've not had any issues with u-joint clearance.

Carl Floyd