Re: Apple Hydraulics

To: mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Apple Hydraulics
From: m1garand@speakeasy.net
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 00:37:07 +0000
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Another problem with a re-bore is that it allows (however little) the piston to
deflect (at the pedal end) such that it is no longer co-axial with the cylinder
bore (since the end of the pedal travels in an arc, not a straight line).  This
puts more side-loading on the o-rings, which can affect your feel,and the
amount of friction.  It, theoreticaly, also allows for fluid leakage on the
less compressed side.  It all depends on how much they overbore, and how smooth
the finish is.  This isn't like an engine cylinder where you WANT
cross-hatching on the bore to help your rings set.

James J.