RE: powder coat aluminum heads?

To: craigfaubel@sbcglobal.net
Subject: RE: powder coat aluminum heads?
From: "James Bown" <jaguarsandrail@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 19:23:19 -0700
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I am curious if they have warped at all due to the 400 F temp for 20 min. Have you checked that aspect?

From: FAUBEL CRAIG <craigfaubel@sbcglobal.net>
To: mgb-v8 <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: powder coat aluminum heads?
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:21:12 -0800 (PST)

Has anyone powder coated aluminum heads and used them successfully afterwards? I just did my new Edelbrocks, and I can't get a straight answer whether or not I ruined the heat treating (T6) with the 400 F temp for 20 mins. I've asked Ed'ock and they just won't say definitely, nor will they tell me how to find out. Just that I 'might have', and my seats might drop out. Did I just get do $1200 paint job on my heads?