Re: aluminum head damage - again

To: DANMAS@aol.com, craigfaubel@sbcglobal.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: aluminum head damage - again
From: GrayTesla@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:13:38 EST
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Craig,

I CLEARLY hear the frustration and concern in your inquiry and in your
request for pure fact without opinion. Frankly, your order of things seems a
bit
backward. The horse generally comes before the cart. These issues should have
addressed before the powder coating. That said:

I have no personal knowledge on the topic. Sorry.

I have spent a fair amount of time this evening researching the question for
you and have come away with yet another opinion. You are fine. Your heads have
not been compromised. I have used a local powdercoating firm in my area and
will tomorrow ask if they have ever done aluminum heads and if there are any
prohibitions.

Now, if that isn't enough, wave your magic wand and reverse what has already
been done. Sorry guy, but it ain't likely to get much better than that.

Darius