Re: 73B Seat Belts, etc.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 73B Seat Belts, etc.
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 1995 09:43:42 +0500
John Trindle writes:

>As part of the interior kit, we received a "cockpit rail cover"...
>however, we can't figure out where it goes!  It doesn't seem to be for
>the door rail caps, as we have a separate kit for that.

My guess is that it is a cover for the aluminum band that circles around the
back of the cockpit, from one convertible top mounting point to the other.
Most cars I've seen are missing this cover, opting for the exposed aluminum
band.  I had a devil of a time figuring out a way to apply this to the
aluminum before re-mounting the entire thing to the body.  I am not happy
with the outcome of my efforts, either (which probably explains why I almost
never see a car with the cover).  Good luck!

Will Zehring