MGB Clutch Pedal Hydraulics

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Clutch Pedal Hydraulics
From: Jeff Drexler <jdrex@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 95 14:31:26 PDT
My '69 MGB lost all pressure from the clutch pedal at a stoplight
yesterday.  The pedal started going mushy the day before.  Since there
is no fluid leaking externally from either slave or master cylinder,
and since the reservoir is full, I assume an internal seal in one of
the cylinders is the problem.  Since one of the two cylinders has to be
replaced, does anyone have suggestions on what else should be replaced
(or examined) in the clutch hydraulic system.  For example, does it
make sense to replace both cylinders, even if one is old but still
functioning?  Thanks for any advice.

Jeff Drexler
jdrex@microsoft.com