Re: Tach Problem

To: RDelany999@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tach Problem
From: Joanne Hershfield / Jim Fink <hershfld@email.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 21:23:51 -0400 (EDT)
Yup, my tach on the '69B has been dissapearing lately too, or just runs
2,000 under. I noticed the other day that when more accesories are turned
on, like lights, or those cute little wipers that move back and forth
nicely, (thanks Will), that the tach dropped with the use of more
electric (smoke) .

I usually just BANG the guage and it shapes right up, I expect it is poor
connection at back, that is the culprit.... the socket is loose on the
back of mine. Now the '73, doesn't that tach have just one white wire from
the
coil terminated at the back of the tach? The '71 and earlier tachs have
two white wires, that pass through.... I forget to where...? Hmmmm
to a smoke box...?

anyway, any additional tach theories as to where my short may be? could
it just be internal tach wiring causing the signal to drop from the coil,
like when more elctricity used..?

Jim
'69 & '71 B's