DO THE TWIST

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: DO THE TWIST
From: Allen.Bachelder@vt.edu (Allen Bachelder)
Date: Fri, 5 May 1995 14:02:11 -0400
I'm with Lee on this one.  For us budget-classic minded MGBeeholics, there
is absolutely nothing anywhere in the collector car marketplace that can be
purchased, maintained, and restored as cheaply or as easily as the MGB -
nor is there anything else fitting all these criteria that is as readily
useful(!), let alone fun, as the MGB.  Frankly, folks, we owe an awful lot
of this to John Twist.  I suspect that even alot of his competitors would
never be in business but for the interest and demand he has created through
his business, his club leadership, his clinics, his Summer Parties, and his
MGneering seminars.  I'm not advertising - I don't think John would
recognize me on the street today - but if you want a taste of MG Heaven,
check out the University Motors Summer Party, do the parade laps at Grattan
Raceway, and stick around for the vintage races.  It's a most unforgettable
weekend.  I've done it twice and plan on the 600-mile (one-way) trek again
this year.

Now, Lee, regarding your  "flimsy plastic bifflesnap for the lorgwhacker"
on your MGB.  The pre-Leyland MGBs as well as some of the MGA 1600 Mark IIs
had brass bifflesnaps that last forever - and what's more, they're
identical to the bifflesnaps used on the early '80s Chevettes - which are
plentiful in junkyards everywhere.   Now lorgwhackers are a different
matter.  I suggest getting a negative-ground, telescoping lorgwhacker that
meets EPA side-impact standards from '77 or later model...

Cheers!
Allen