Re: Puzzler???

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Puzzler???
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 23:12:52 -500
> From:          Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>

> Re: torn diaphragms.
>
> I was well acquainted with the malady you described.
> ... used to happen to me on just about a yearly
> basis, usually in the middle of summer...

> TECH TIP: It does make sense to carry a spare diaphragm in the car.
> However, if you don't have one with you,...
>  try mending it with a small piece of that cheesy plastic
> electrical tape.

This is really not to be reccommended. Now, I have older B's, that don't use
diaphrams, which have often been left them alone in the barn for a long time,
I now have Midgets and Sprites as a result. I really don't think you can
count on a quickly repaired diaphram, especially in the heat of mid summer
activities.

I can see the results of Andy's yearly problems as well, he has numerous
little ones about the place. Unless you're prepared for the consequences, you
should always make sure your diaphram is in spot on condition, or else put
off your activities until it is.

      Roger Garnett           (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
        "The South Lansing Centre For Wayward Sports Cars"