Re: 66 midget front suspension

To: Magyk1@aol.com
Subject: Re: 66 midget front suspension
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 1995 08:26:48 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 4 Jul 1995 Magyk1@aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone know of a feasible way to remove the fulcrum pins from A arms?
> The slotted screws have resisted all efforts. Is there a special tool or
> trick of the trade I dont know about?
>
> Jack Hamilton

Try heating them with a propane torch.  There is a good chance you will
just have to cut them out.

A useful tool that may help in this and other similar situations is a
carpenter's brace.  You can buy screwdriver bits with a square shank for
the brace, or use bits intended for power screwdrivers if you file flats
on them so they don't slip in the chuck of the brace.

The great thing about a brace is that you can put your stomach against the
knob on top, and crank away on the handle while pressing the bit hard
against the screw.  It is the perfect tool for those large screws (like
door striker screws) that have frozen in place.  With the proper bit, it
might budge your fulcrum pins.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910