swapping early top frames -Reply

To: mgs@autox.team.net, wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu
Subject: swapping early top frames -Reply
From: RLANCASTER@ntia.doc.gov
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 08:57:38 -0400
Will,
I have read with laughs the problems with the behind-the-seat
stowable roofs, but the trunk storable frame is no picnic either.
Getting the three round metal pieces to line up before slamming them
together is a truly frustrating and contortional experience.  Trying
it on the side of the road and\or in a rainstorm is near impossible,
and sure to cause others to run into you while wondering what is up.
On my 67 B, the thing does slip into the same brackets that the
tonneau frame slips into, but its such an awkward, finger pinching,
stand-up-in-the-middle-of-the-car to install contraption that you may
want to think this thru a bit more.  With a few afternoon beers,
consumed while waxing the LBC up, the operation becomes almost
dangerous.
||Randy Lancaster               | Tel:202-482-4487        ||
||National Telecommunications   | Fax:202-482-4396        ||
||and Information Administration| rlancaster@ntia.doc.gov ||
||Department of Commerce, USA   | 1967 MGB # 128,471      ||
||Heaven: home brew, driving an MG, but remember...its not||
||a leak, its a British flow through lubrication system!  ||