Re: Bicycles and midgets.

To: andys@skye.icr.ac.uk (Mr Andy Smith)
Subject: Re: Bicycles and midgets.
From: nvenn@mpc-uk.com (Neil Venn)
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 95 10:46:37 BST

> Hello all,
>            no this is not the start of a "tarts and vicars" type joke.
>
> My two main activities are firstly fixing and driving my midget, secondly
> cycling.
>
> Does anyone have any experience of carrying bicycles on the back of a midget
>??
Andy

I have experience of carrying my bicycle in my Midget (notice the word _in_).
I have a '74 Midget and a Peugeot mountain bike with shock absorbers built
into the front forks that are miles better that the crappy Armstrongs on
the Midget ;-) If you aren't going too far and dont mind a little discomfort
you can move the seats forward a bit and wedge the read of the bike in the
back bit, you don't have to get the wheels behind the seats unless you've
got a Penny-Farthing! The front wheel is turned sideways and secured in
place with a bungee strap. You will probably want to put some rags in
various places for cleanliness and padding. I have even seen a Spitfire
heading up the motorway carrying a bike like this.

Now obviously you can't do this with your hardtop on or you softtop up, but
it is possible.

But you really wanted to hear about those natty cycle carrying frames didn't
you? Unfortunately I have no experience of these.

Don Mackie and his Cannondale might... (8^)
                                        "

... but he doesn't have a Midget (8^(
                                  "

--
/------------------------------------------------------------------------\
|                                  |                                     |
| Beep, beep,                /|    |  E-Mail: vennn@hoskyns.co.uk        |
|                          /| o    |      or: nvenn@mpc-uk.com           |
| Neil                 (8^)=) |    |                                     |
|                       "   | o    |  Paper Mail: Neil Venn,             |
| "Safety Fast!"            \_|    |              Technical Consultant,  |
|                            "     |              Hoskyns,               |
|                            *     |              City House,            |
|                           *      |              190 City Road,         |
|                         *        |              London, WC1V 2QH,      |
|                      *           |              England.               |