Re: Bicycles and midgets.

To: andys@skye.icr.ac.uk (Mr Andy Smith) (Mr Andy Smith)
Subject: Re: Bicycles and midgets.
From: nvenn@mpc-uk.com (Neil Venn)
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 95 12:07:18 BST

> I did consider attatching something to the top of the windscreen and the
> roll bar at the back to suspend the bike above my head, but gave up on that
> one on grounds of insane danger etc. etc.

I remember seeing a kit-car once, a Dutton I think, with a custom built
frame that went between the windscreen and the roll-over bar and had
fittings on it to take the guys windsurfer. The car was lower than a Midget.

It would require open-top motoring again but another idea I have had is
to utilise an old soft-top header rail to provide the basis of the front
of a roll-over-bar-to-windscreen roofrack. Weld on a frame that extends
back to the roll-over bar and connects with the sort of connections that
they use on scaffolding. Then weld on a roof-mounting bike rack. (I think
I'm getting carried away)

Does the hardtop have seams or rain channels that could be used for fitting
a roof rack? I guess not. I am sure you have considered that.

--
/------------------------------------------------------------------------\
|                                  |                                     |
| Beep, beep,                /|    |  E-Mail: vennn@hoskyns.co.uk        |
|                          /| o    |      or: nvenn@mpc-uk.com           |
| Neil                 (8^)=) |    |                                     |
|                       "   | o    |  Paper Mail: Neil Venn,             |
| "Safety Fast!"            \_|    |              Technical Consultant,  |
|                            "     |              Hoskyns,               |
|                            *     |              City House,            |
|                           *      |              190 City Road,         |
|                         *        |              London, WC1V 2QH,      |
|                      *           |              England.               |