Re: Bicycles and midgets.

To: nvenn@mpc-uk.com
Subject: Re: Bicycles and midgets.
From: andys@skye.icr.ac.uk (Mr Andy Smith)
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 95 12:00:10 GMT
Thanks for the advice, problem is that I'm 6 foot 4, so putting the seat
anywhere but as far back as poss. would mean that I couldn't get in the car.

Also I was thinking more about racks and stuff to hang on the outside,
I imagine driving to Wales or somewhere in winter on a rainy friday after work
would be a disaster with no roof and a bike behind the seat !

I used to have a natty roof rack on my old ford which the bike clampled onto
upright.  That one took the bike down to the Pyrenees no problem, but in a
midget there's no roof of course, hence no roof rack.

I did consider attatching something to the top of the windscreen and the
roll bar at the back to suspend the bike above my head, but gave up on that one
on grounds of insane danger etc. etc.

I think the boot lid may be the only option, maybe a custom made rack is a
possibility (maybe even marketable ?)

Andy
Andy Smith. Senior Physicist
Royal Marsden Hospital