Re: Fram oil filters sure do suck

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fram oil filters sure do suck
From: JAMES <JBMYERS@msuvx2.memphis.edu>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 1995 21:15:48 -0500 (CDT)
Jay,

Is this the Fram PH-43? I've been using Fram's forever, it seems like. Not only
do they match the color of the B, Consumer Reports rated their Wearguard filter
as number one, a notch and a half above others.

But your report, plus stray comments on the Buick mailing list, hmm...

Normally I change the oil at 3,000 miles or whenever it takes longer than a few
seconds to build pressure, which seems to be start happening about 2,500 miles.
Maybe the Fram is crapping out?

I also am curious as to what the SOL regard as the best filter.

James B.
'71 MGB
'71 LeSabre