RE: FW: Fuel Pump Questions

To: "'MGs'" <MGs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: FW: Fuel Pump Questions
From: "Palmer, Lewis" <Lew@MPLS.UCI.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 14:53:02 -0600
>The unit was a brand new, not rebuilt unit. I checked the points last >n=
ight,=20
>cleaned them off and sprayed it with some electrical contact cleaner. Of=
=20
>course I had to tap it to get it started again. I would have never thoug=
ht=20
>to open the thing up. If this doesn't work I will certainly check out th=
e=20
>diaphram adjustment. Thanks for the advice.

>Chris

It may have been "brand new", but how old is it? The diaphram is likely n=
ot to need adjustment (if no one has messed with it), but the diaphram, b=
eing rubber, can get old and stiff if it hasn't been run in many years. (=
Consider using tires that are "brand new", but which haven't been run in =
40 years. They're likely to be pretty hard and maybe cracked.=20

Just a thought.

Lew Palmer
lew.palmer@uci.com