Re: Frivolous thread generator

To: "A.D.Smith" <A.D.Smith@boris.umds.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Frivolous thread generator
From: "U. Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 08:59:37 -0800 (PST)
My ex roommate is 6-5. His legs are so long, that when he borrowed my
Sprite to get parts for his car, he couldn't close the door. I had a 13"
wheel fitted, ut his knee was right between the wheel and the door. For
him to be able to press the clutch, he had to drive with the door ajar
about 6", with the door kinda tucked under his left shoulder - what a sight!
Ulix

On
Thu, 16 Nov 1995, A.D.Smith wrote:

> David M Culgan said :
> >> For a 6'4" driver its tough being the first in line at a traffic
> >> light. You really have to scrunch down to see the light change. I even
>took the
> >> wooden spacers out from under the seat rails!  Typically, British cars
>have
> >> plenty of headroom, for wearing a derby I guess, but they missed it with
>the
> >> roadster. I guess its another good reason to drive an 1100.
>

> I  can share your feelings on being tall.
> I'm 6'4" and drive a midget, so even less room.  It's fairly tricky getting my
> long legs (34" inside leg) around the wheel, and as you say, it's impossible
> see traffic lights.  Even more reason to put the top down I say.
>
> Incidedtally, even though it's a very small car, it doesn't feel that small
>once
> inside. It certainly feels bigger than many other cars I've driven.  Of
>course,
> it took me a couple of weeks to learn how to get in and out without ending up
>on
> the floor or stuck somewhere.
>
> Andy

> Andy Castellano Smith.          | email: a.d.smith@umds.ac.uk
> Image Processing Group.         | http://www-ipg.umds.ac.uk/~as/
> Cunliffe Labs, New Guy's House. | tel. : 0171 955 4208
> Guy's Hospital, London SE1 9RT. | fax. : 0171 955 4913
>
>        1977 Chrome Bumper Midget "Mungo" for short.
> DPO of 1975 Rubber Bumper Midget "Mary"  for short.

                      sprite                 caddy