Re: MGC: What engine?

To: simon@cougar.multiline.com.au
Subject: Re: MGC: What engine?
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 01:47:52 -0500
Simon Kaye writes his criticism of my suggestion to consider a V8 MGC, In
response I must say that I was writing in the context of the original
posting, which regarded an MGC that was far enough gone from original that
its' future was being considered to be as a parts car. Now surely you'd
rather see a running 'C, even a V-8, over seeing one scrapped???!!!
That was my point. Also, regarding the comment giving negative enthusiam to
the idea that a V8  powered C could be fun, I give 5 reasons it is great fun!
1) it goes faster
2) it handles better
3) chevy engine parts are cheaper than C engine parts, especially since if
memory serves me the C in question had no motor
4) it goes faster
5) it handles better
6) oh, what a sleeper it is!!!
Oh yeah, only 5 reasons, well, whatever....
I still say that if it is beyond reasonable restoration, better to run it as
a hybred than scrap it as a purebred!!!