Re: MGC: What engine?

To: detherin@gold.interlog.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGC: What engine?
From: Railroad@gnn.com (Glen Wilson)
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 1995 02:30:39
I think the first 1100 variant was the Morris 1100 and, of course, "Morris"
is what the "M" stands for, therefore we don't consider the MG 1100 to be
truly badge engineered.  It was clearly in the mind of its creator long
before the design reached its epitome in the MG variation.

>Date:  Sat, 4 Nov 1995 00:52:05 +0000
>From:  "Dave Etherington" <detherin@gold.interlog.com>
>Sender:        owner-mgs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
>To:    thorpe@kegs.saic.com
>cc:    mgs@autox.team.net
>Subject:       Re: MGC: What engine?
>
>On Oct. 30 Denise Thorpe wrote:
>" I don't know what other cars used the C engine..."
>
>The C engine, with a few minor changes, was also used in the Austin
>3-liter limousine. There's a picture of one on page 200 of Lindsay
>Porter's B restoration book. He recommends C owners keep one in the garden
>as an emergency transplant donor.
>
>And of course, the MG Midget DID originate as the Austin-Healey
>Sprite. But wasn't your beloved 1100 also a badge engineered
>Austin?
>

>Dave Etherington          '73 MGB
>Toronto Ontario           '85 Prelude
>detherin@interlog.com

I live near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

'59 English Ford 100E Squire Deluxe Estate (Excellent Original)
'67 MG 1100 Saloon (Runs & Drives)
'66 MG Midget (Really Nice)
'66 MG Midget (Solid Project Car)

The last three are definitely for sale.
The first might be for sale, but who would pay what it's worth?

Thinking about buying a nice Rover sedan by Spring...