Re: MGC: What engine?

To: Johnmowog@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGC: What engine?
From: Simon Kaye <simon@cougar.multiline.com.au>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 07:47:45 +0000
On Thu, 16 Nov 1995 Johnmowog@aol.com wrote:

> BUY THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good start you were on the right track here

> First, MGCs are too rare to scrap! Unlike the B, there is a very limited and
> finite number of Cs around, only a few thousand ever shipped here. They are
> worth lots of money restored properly.

Now you are realy on a roll

> Now, having given the collectors their due, let me give the other reason...
> If it is too beat up to make a decent car out of for restoration to original
> shape... do a conversion. May I humbly recommend a Chevy small-block with a
> Turbo Hydro 350 behind it!

NO NO NO. An MG of ANY kind is an MG if you dont like it dont buy it, the
kit car is for block heads who want to take bits from every car in the
scrapyard and turn it into their pride and joy, now dont get me wrong
there are some great modified cars out there, but that is what they are
they are not MG's

> This could be REALLY FUN!

So could standing in a bucket of water and sticking your finger in a
electric socket. (It's about as shocking anyway)

 '68 MGC Owner (and loving it)