What engines for Sprite?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: What engines for Sprite?
From: "Robert L. Abernathy" <rabernat@moink.NMSU.Edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 1995 20:55:41 -0800 (PST)
A member of our local Brit. car club recently bought
a 65 A-H Sprite (similiar to MG Midget). The engine
was seized, possibly due to a jammed starter. (I wonder
if the starter was jammed BECAUSE the engine was
seized, but I digress.) He was wondering what engines
and/or trannies might fit. He was considering a Toyota V6
but then another member offered him a 67 Midget parts car.
He's still considering all his options. I have two questions:

What engine/tranny transplants are a good fit in a 65 Sprite?

How similiar are a 65 Sprite and a 67 Midget?

Sorry for the bonehead questions, but I'm not a MG owner.

Robert
67 Hillman Imp Super