Re: Smiths Gauges

Subject: Re: Smiths Gauges
From: John Van Valkenburgh <jvan@nando.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 21:17:51 -0500 (EST)
>From: "Lou Nevins" <lou_nevins@macgate.csuchico.edu>
>Subject: RE: Smiths Instruments
>
>Regarding instruments (all Smiths) are all not working. One at a time they
>have gone out once in awhile and I've found the electrical problem, but they
>are all out at once. What is the problem? I have a 1973 MGB GT.

They have ganged up on you...
I'm assuming that the instruments in question, don't include the speedometer.
In that case, there is a "voltage stabilizer" (regulator) that supplies a
voltage standard to the instruments.  I'd guess that it or possibly a
connection to it has gone bad.

Good Luck,

John Van Valkenburgh
Raleigh, NC            1970 MGB (soon to be back on the road)