Re: My car must be male

To: MGS@autox.team.net, DeniseThorpe <THORPE@KEGS.SAIC.COM>
Subject: Re: My car must be male
From: "Ramm, Andy" <ARAMM@sv.tbgi.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 15:46:16 -0600
Yes, well my car MUST be female because....  (please, this is tongue in
cheek, I'm not a misogynist)

She demands all of my attention all of the time
We only go out when she wants to
She's always whining
I resent her and I love her
When I try to start the car when it's cold, the starter (when it worked)
made a "not now, I have a headache," sound.
She may not steal the sheets, but she never turns over when I want her to
(back to the starter thing)

----------------Original Message Follows----------------

Jay Tilton opined:

> At 08:57 AM 12/20/95 -0800, White, Richard H. wrote:
> >Do we name our cars after women because we like to remove their
> >tops? or because they dripple liquids at the worst possible times?
I'm
> >really confused, Happy Humbug, Richard
>
> Interesting (and interestingly stated) points.  As I state on my MGB
page, I
> think it's because our cars are a source of endless entertainment,
> happiness, and frustration. The mere sight of them raise our spirits,
but
> they never let us forget who's in charge.
>
> Then, of course, there's Popeye's axiom on the enigmatic nature of
females:
> "It's been proven through hist'ry that wimmen's a myst'ry."
>
> (Could I be more non-PC if I tried?  Sorry, Denise.)

I'm not the only female on this mailing list, just the mouthiest.  And
why
is that?  Because this is the only place where I can pontificate to a
bunch
of guys without being interrupted.

In light of what's been said about why cars are female, my car must be
male.
Here's why:

1.  it leaves a mess wherever it goes,
2.  it thinks I should spend all my time taking care of it,
3.  it thinks I should spend all my money on it,
4.  it drinks too much, and
5.  no one can carry on a conversation around it for all the noise it
makes.

I could think of lots more, but I'll give your egos a rest. ;-)

Denise Thorpe
thorpe@kegs.saic.com
---------------- End of Original Message -----------------