Re: Front License Plates

To: gmccann@pcug.org.au, GARYCINE@aol.com
Subject: Re: Front License Plates
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrington.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 1996 09:02:39 -0500

> Graham writes:  "Could some kind soul end a controversy raging here in Oz
> about whether front plates are required in the USA."
>
> Graham,
>
> It is different in the U.S. from state to state.  Texas requires front and
> back, I don't believe Oklahoma does.  It would be interesting to see how many
> states allow only one license plate.

In Connecticut we had two plates. To save money the front was eliminated and it
was required to turn them in. Shortly there after the police agencies said they
needed them back to catch us easier. The state went back to the two plate
system, but, only for new issues. now some cars are required to have two plates
and some cars only one. Many people leave the front one off any way. FWIW the
way to tell if two plates are required is the new plates have a little
Connecticut shaped emblem in the upper corner.

- -Mark "Isn't telecommuting great. I'm stuck at home in a blizzard and still
able to work (Read my MG mail) at home." Jurras