Re: Q/Clutch/Midget

To: ALAN_COSTICH@HP-USA-om11.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: Q/Clutch/Midget
From: David Councill <dcouncil@cu.comp-unltd.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 12:29:12 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 4 Mar 1996 ALAN_COSTICH@HP-USA-om11.om.hp.com wrote:

> Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
>           Who has some suggestions?
>
>       >
>           Spongy pedal still! Can't get it in gear with out grinding.
>
>           What am I doing wrong? What Have I over looked?
>
>           Alan

I still suspect air in the lines. The clutch lines are difficult to bleed
(at least on my MGB) and I have oftentimes had to do extensive bleeding.
Technique is also a factor - when my son operates the pedal while I open
and close the valve on the slave cylinder, I am still left with air in
the lines. But when my wife helps, it bleeds better (she complains though).

Ironically I am suffering problems similar to you. I have just rebuilt my
clutch and bleeding the system still leaves me with a spongy clutch
pedal.But since I still have to put the carbs back on the car, I haven't
got too worried about the clutch yet. I will rebleed it again when the
car is ready.

My suggestion - take some time off and then try to rebleed it again. Some
of the air must still be there.

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net

(I don't have to turn the car over for this....)