Re: Q/Clutch/Midget -Reply

To: CHRIS BALL <BALLC@osstf.on.ca>
Subject: Re: Q/Clutch/Midget -Reply
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 16:46:19 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 4 Mar 1996, CHRIS BALL wrote:

> Finally, if you have one of those bloody tipit valves in the master check
> that it's working - but as far as I've seen they are only fitted to brake
> masters.

Chris,

What is a tipit valve?  What does it do?  There is a valve in the end of
the brake cylinder bore of the bugeye, but not in the end of the clutch
cylinder bore.  I have not heard a good explanation of what this does, how
it does it, or why.  I have no idea at all how to see if it's working.
Now be serious, this is a serious question.  I know it's tough, Chris, but
try to be serious anyway.

Bloody?  I know *exactly* what you mean.  You have to hold this little
bitty steel thingie while you try to persuade a new rubber innard into its
cage with a little bitty screwdriver, without ruining the rubber, and its
hard to hold, and the little screwdriver slips, going seriously deep in
the fleshy part of your thumb, and bingo!  Bloody valve.  Bloody
screwdriver, too.  After that, I am determined to know what this thing
does.

Ray

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910