Re: More questions...

To: loki@computek.net
Subject: Re: More questions...
From: Ragthyme@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 10:43:44 -0500
Ross:

When you say 'when the car is stopped', d'you mean with the engine off? That
makes a difference, especially if the car is fitted with a vaccuum-assist
brake booster.  It's not normal if the car is running, or no brake booster is
fitted, for you to pump the brakes a few times to get nominal pressure up.

I'd renew the oil filler cap once a year or so. The factory recommendation is
once every 12 000 miles.

PCV Valve is a check every 12 000 miles/renew every 30 000 miles item.

I don't believe the windshield washer system was intentionally designed to
leak, but that's a matter that's open to some question.  Just to be certain,
I'd check the fittings and the ends of the hoses; they do tend to
deteriorated and split.

And no, ask all the questions you like.  I do.

ckr
75 MGB 'Rags'