Re: More questions...

To: jurrasm@genesis.torrco.com
Subject: Re: More questions...
From: Ragthyme@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 10:50:14 -0500
Mark:

Why they MADE it this way is still something of a mystery to me, but the why
of needing to replace it is that it simply deteriorates. It's plastic, it
gets clogged, melted, and non-sealing in pretty short order, and there seems
no way to keep it really doing its job more than a year or so.  I got a car
once that had had one on there for over ten years, and to call it a cap atall
was a stretch. The best you could say about it was that it usually sort of
sat on top of the crankcase cover, and at that point its chief job seemed to
be letting most of the oil out of the engine.

Cheers!

ckr