Re: '65, '66, or '67 MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '65, '66, or '67 MGB
From: "Ross A. Goldberg" <loki@computek.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 10:52:57 -0600
Hello,

>I've had my '68 (registered as a '68) since '93, but I really want a'67
too, the
>year I consider the best, although I figured '65 to '67 were about the same.  I
>pick '67 mostly because it's the last year before smog, and the padded dash.
>However, in my '68, I enjoy the 4 synchro transmission and the starter that
>doesn't chip the teeth in the ring gear and lock up occasionally.

This makes me think... is it possible to retrofit parts from later cars in
my '66 MGB?  From 66-80 many items were improved and I'm sure my car could
benefit from them.  Parts under the hood all the way to interior pieces?  If
so, I would be curious to here what types of improvements people have made
to their older cars in this way.

Thanks,
Ross
66 MGB