RE: Anti-Sway Bar

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Anti-Sway Bar
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 1996 12:07:00 -0800 (PST)
Moss' catalog has a section on tuning the suspension. let me read it to
you...
for a 66
Stage 1        stock springs
          new armstrong or tube kit for shocks
          stock 9/16" front sway bar

Stage 2        stock springs
          3/4" front sway bar
          optional 6" alloy sport wheels with 185/70-14 ( I put them on the
rostyle wheels)
          tube kit or front coil over conversion with rear tube shocks

Stage 3        uprated 550lbs/inch springs which lower front 1"
          Same spring rate for rear but lower 1"
          3/4" front sway bar
          recommended 6" alloy sport wheels with 185/70-14
          tube kit or front coil over conversion with rear tube shocks

They note that a rear sway bar on earlier chrome bumper Bs is of no benefit
and,"they tend to bring on severe oversteer when cornering hard, and control
of the car can be easily lost."

Do upgrade to the V-8 A Arm bushes.

Chris Reichle