Gearbox Oil type? and where to fill?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Gearbox Oil type? and where to fill?
From: "Ross A. Goldberg" <loki@computek.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 21:28:09 -0600
Hello,

I am a little confused on where to top off the fluid in my gearbox and what
type of oil to put in it.  According to my Haynes manual it says to use
20w/50 motor oil (the same thing I put in my engine) but I wanted to confirm
that.  The manual also says that on earlier gearboxes (mine is a 66 MGB
non-overdrive) you have to lift the carpet to fill the gearbox?????

Please help me figure this one out... I have a dripping gearbox I am sure is
thirsty for some fresh oil (it was rebuilt less than 5k ago!!!)

Thanks,
Ross
// Ross A. Goldberg (aka Loki)
// http://www.computek.net/public/loki